This exciting day begins with a 45-minute drive south out of the city to Tsawwassen, the closest point of land between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. At the BC Ferries Terminal, your private vehicle will drive right onto a ferry belonging to the second largest ferry fleet in the world. While at sea, during your 90-minute crossing through the Gulf Islands, you will have a chance to enjoy the on- board ferry amenities such as full restaurant service, gift shops or video games for the kids. You can take in the outer deck searching the ocean for orcas, eagles or seals. Once on the Island our first stop will be at the world famous Butchart Gardens which offers 50 acres of flowers and spectacular gardens (English rose, Japanese and Italian gardens). Enjoy a wonderful High-Tea (optional) at the Dining Room over looking the beautiful gardens.
Leaving the gardens behind you will be driven further down the Saanich Peninsula into the heart of Victoria, the capital city of British Columbia. The Inner Harbour is a legacy to one of Canada’s most notable architects, Francis Rattenbury, as the skyline is dominated by two of his most famous works the Parliament Buildings and the Fairmont Empress Hotel. Suggested optional activities are a visit to the Royal BC Museum, Government Street and Chinatown. Your exiting day will conclude at your Vancouver hotel after a relaxing return on BC Ferries.
Note: A harbour to harbour seaplane flight is optional at an additional cost – not included
- 13 hours by ferry round trip / 8 hours by seaplane round trip
- Departure from: Downtown Vancouver
- Departure time: 7:30 AM by ferry / 9:30 AM by seaplane
- Return time: 8:30 PM by ferry / 5:30 PM by seaplane
- Dress Code: Casual with comfortable walking shoes
- Includes Ferry reservations, tolls and fees and admission to Butchart Gardens
- High tea based on availability (1st Option Butchart Gardens, 2nd option Fairmont Empress)
- Professional Tour Guide, homemade cookies, bottled water, pop or juices
Min/Max Guests on this Tour: accommodates 1 to 11 people
Note: This tour does not include lunch, but offers the option have Hight Tea at Butchart gardens or at the Fairmont Empress (optional –additional cost)
- 8 days prior to the service: No penalty
- 7 days prior to the service: 50% non-refundable
- 48 hours prior to the service: 100% non-refundable